As an apartment owner, there are a wide variety of things that you look for before you sign the lease. However, one thing that most apartment hunters won’t look for is hard water in apartment buildings.
Why does it matter? Much like any other area of your apartment, having hard water can directly impact your health and the various items that your water might come into contact with during your day-to-day.
With that in mind, there’s a wide range of solutions out there designed to address this issue, with everything from products like apartment water filters to strategies to combat hard water stains at your disposal.
Ready to ensure that hard water no longer affects you?
Here’s what you can do to combat hard water in your apartment unit (and in related facilities).
- Know the Signs of Hard Water in Your Apartment
- Look for Solutions That Address Current Effects of Hard Water
- Install Apartment Water Filters Where Possible
Step 1. Know the Signs of Hard Water in Your Apartment
Wondering whether or not you have hard water is something that might be confusing at first. What is hard water anyways?
Hard water contains higher levels of certain minerals and contaminants that aren’t so great for anything it comes in contact with, whether this is clothing, your body, or even your dishes.
But while the concept of hard water in apartment buildings might be new to many, the signs are obvious, making it easy to spot them so you can tell whether or not you have hard water (and if you need to pursue solutions like apartment water filters).
Some signs of hard water include:
- Issues with your clothes when you’re doing laundry, such as stiffer clothes or whites that don’t get as bright as they should.
- Hair problems, like thinning, dry hair and scalp, friziness, and beyond.
- Dry skin and breakouts due to built-up contaminants in pores.
- Brittle and flaky nails.
- Limescale and soap scum buildup around various faucets as well as in certain places like your shower or tub.
- Porcelain staining.
There are quite a few signs that you have hard water and that it might be time to install apartment water filters. But before we dive into that, we should always look into solutions to the problems above that need to be tackled first.
Let’s take a closer look at how you can get started.
Step 2. Look for Solutions That Address Current Effects of Hard Water
All of the above effects of hard water are not only inconvenient but can also be a major problem for those who are trying to take better care of their body, their belongings, and their apartment.
While making sure that hard water is less of a problem in your apartment is important, it’s just as essential to look for ways to tackle the impact that hard water has had on your life thus far.
What’s important to remember is that you might be limited in some areas when it comes to solutions. While you can install apartment water filters, for example, you can’t change the fact that you have hard water coming in as this is something only your apartment manager can address.
Therefore, some of these solutions, including hard water solutions for renters, will not only be designed to reverse the effects of hard water in your apartment but provide you with continued support in certain areas like shared laundry rooms.
Here’s what you can do to address hard water effects:
- Look for professional cleaning products for your bathroom and kitchen. Because limescale and soap scum are known to gather in these places, you might need a little help to clean up these areas and keep them clean in the future should you find yourself in need of replacement apartment water filters for an extended period of time.
- In areas where you might not be able to prevent hard water, like your laundry or your dishwasher, look for cleaning solutions that combat hard water more effectively. For example, washing soda is one great solution to help your clothes come out softer and keep your whites looking whiter.
- It’s important to remember that hard water not only impacts your belongings but your body as well. Apartment water filters can go a long way in supporting your overall health, but you might still need to work on reversing some of the problems you face now. Invest in nourishing and moisturizing soap and clarifying shampoo, and talk to your doctor if you’re having serious problems with hair thinning, brittle nails, or acne caused by hard water.
Hard water in apartment buildings can be difficult to navigate, but there are solutions that are a bit more permanent for areas of your apartment that you have control over. Let’s take a look at the solution to your hard water issues.
Step 3. Install Apartment Water Filters Where Possible
Many homeowners can address hard water at the source by installing a water softening system into their water main. However, apartment renters are a bit more limited. Still, that doesn’t mean there’s nothing you can do.
Now’s the time to install water filters at the tap, in your shower, and even invest in water pitchers that filter out your water so it’s better for you to consume.
With the right measures in place to combat hard water in apartment, you can rest assured that you’re getting the high-quality water your body and your apartment deserve.
Ready to Reduce the Effects of Hard Water in Your Apartment? Start Here With AquaBliss!
When hard water is impacting your quality of life, AquaBliss is here to help! Here at AquaBliss, we offer a range of shower filters designed to filter out contaminants and address the hard water effects you’re facing.
These include our multi-stage shower filters and our revitalizing shower filters, which add beneficial minerals to the water to give it a softer feel. More importantly, all of our apartment water filters are backed by social proof, come with a 30-day guarantee, and are easy to install. Shop now to get started!